Wednesday, August 12, 2026

...8.12...W.I.P. Wednesday...

...well...right after the Pickles replica arrived in Alaska...this little sweetie asked me for a copy of her cute little Guinea Pig...Shooting Star...
...so...of course Grandmommy dropped everything to make another guinea pig...the Airman's Wife sent me some photos...I love that she has a ball made of rubber bands and a little house made from a Ritz box...
...I used the photos to piece together some idea of her markings...
...she's a lot more complicated that the mostly black Pickles was...
...so I loaded up my thrifted tray and got started on the face...
...the blue yarn is just to mark my rows...
...after a few rows...I added the nose, mouth and eyes...and I couldn't get the oval 'rabbit' eyes that I'd used for Pickles so I just used some small black safety eyes...still cute...
...added her tuft and combed it out...
...looking at the photos...I sketched out the colour changes from the top view...
...continued the body changing colours...
...and rounded the bum area...
...made her little legs and ears...trying to match the white parts based on what I can see of the feet from the photos...
...and in no time she was finished...
...she's really cute...
...I hope she matches the original well enough...
...the top view...
...and the front...meet Shooting Star...

...what's in your workbasket this week?...

~Have a lovely day!

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Forgot to answer; i'm crocheting a blanket for one of my daughters.

      Delete
  2. Another masterpiece!! You are such a sweet grandma!! Love, K

    ReplyDelete
  3. an heirloom for sure!! I love how you matched the model!

    ReplyDelete