...I found some veggie bacon in the freezer...and I cooked it in the air fryer...which made it perfectly crispy...and I put it on top of a plain bagel...
...then I added some air fried tofu and a sprinkle of kala namak and it was so delicious...
...then we did the shopping...
...and they had the Man's Silk...YAY!...they only thing of note is that they did not have the Abuelita tablets (they're accidentally vegan)...
...so I got a different kind...from Ibarra...
...it lists just four ingredients...Sugar, chocolate, soy lecithin and cinnamon...
...I hope it's as good...I'll let you know...I remember what a treat it was when we were kids and Daddy brought the Abuelita tablets back from a Mexico trip...we often had hot chocolate when we were little...Mom usually made it with Hershey's cocoa on the stove...and it was so good...but the Abuelita chocolate was very...you know...exotic for us country kids...we loved it too...
...and this week's Poppz...what the orange cream one...I shared it with the Man as he used to love Dream-cicles when he was younger and that's what it kindof tastes like...
...we stopped at the dollar store for some sheet protectors...(for Big Sissie's cookbook...I'll show it to you in a bit)...and they had one (only one) of these blue rimmed plates that I thought would go well with our blue and white ones...and I guess as the last one...they had it marked down to 75¢...
...we can of course use it as is...but it also sort of functions as a charger...
...in the garden...the August sun is just too brutal for the new little plants...so I tacked up some shade cloth over them...I ran out at the end of the row...so I just used some old cotton sheet for that bit...they do (of course) need sunshine so this is only for a few days until they get acclimated to life in the dessert...haha...
...we have had some rain...just passing thunderstorms though...
...we got another beautiful cucumber...and then just a few green beans...
...so I got out the bag of beans...
...and cooked a pot of rattlesnake beans in the porch kitchen...
...we sliced the cucumber fresh from the garden...
...and sliced one of our last two tomatoes for delicious tomato sammies for lunch...pretty sad about that...and I drank the last of my blended watermelon from the freezer...
...and finally...I got a bag of roasted barley from Amazon...and made a refreshing tea...I love it cold with nothing in it...and hot with soymilk...it's really good...have you ever had barley tea?...
~Wishing you a lovely start to your week!
Monday, August 24, 2026
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



In the summer, mine were always bitter. I know I’ve never even heard of Barley tea. Love, K
ReplyDelete