Tuesday, December 07, 2010

7th Grade Band...Christmas Concert


...Scout's Band is down to only 2 trumpets (I think they originally had 5)...I thought they sounded pretty good...

...Scout was playing First trumpet - he had 'agreed' to play Second - apparently it's usually just a toss up between the two of them - but then the night of the concert the other trumpet decided that she didn't want to try 'the high notes' during the concert - so they switched music at the last minute...without even telling their director...in general probably not a good idea...but it worked out fine...I think Scout generally prefers to play First...Enjoy!...

8 comments:

  1. He sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He sounds awesome. I love how kids make decisions on their own. I wonder what the expression was on the director's face. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1:21 PM

    How wonderful when things can change smoothly :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous1:33 PM

    Oh this took me back! I played the saxophone for a lot of my youth and performed in MANY similar concerts. So great that you got some video for him to be able to remember the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds good - pa ra pa pom pom!

    See, I recognised the tune.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like seeing and hearing these young bands, especially at Christmas. They did great. MOM

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job! I also love your banner - where did you get that Nativity? I am still trying to find one I really love.

    ReplyDelete
  8. yes, i love to hear them too! reminds me of all the years of band for both of my boys!! (of course - we all should look close at the "Champs Bowl" in Orlando on Dec 28th to see the Power Sound of the South NC State Marching Band!! Go Pack!! and see what all those years of practice end up with!!!)

    love, k

    ReplyDelete