Tuesday, September 05, 2017

...also...over the weekend...

...I bought a huge local cabbage when Mom as visiting...she got one too...

...but I turned mine into sauerkraut...

...it still amazes me every time we make it...5 lbs of cabbage...and 3 tbls. of salt...and time...

...in about 4 weeks we'll have the most amazing fresh, crisp, tangy, salty, and delicious kraut...and I think we've got the timing just about right now for how long it takes us to use a half gallon of kraut...I love J.I.T. stocking...
...and we came home from the party to find these two beauties on our doorstep...

...our 'gardener' told us that he went out into the garden and the watermelons told him that even though they were still small...they were finished growing...so he picked them...and gifted us with two...
...absolutely the sweetest watermelon I've had in a long, long time...

~Have a lovely day!

0 comments:

Post a Comment