Friday, July 19, 2019

...Friday Favorites...

...what to do with a garbage bag full of fresh kale...
...wash it really well...like about 3 or 4 times...to be sure you get all the sandy grit off...nothing's worse than chewing on sand...right?...
...cook a tub of fresh mushrooms...
...and add a bunch of kale to it...I normally do this is spinach...but any type of greens will do...and this kale is perfect...
...make a big ol' kale salad...chop some kale finely...massage it a bit...and sprinkle with dried cranberries and pecans...
...and drizzle with balsamic...so yummy...I love fruit in salads...do you?...
...and then just cram the rest into an Instant Pot...and steam for a few minutes...and you'll have about 3 servings of greens...haha...it's true they wilt down considerably...
...next up in the favorites this Friday...homemade silken tofu...
...same exact process as last time...except I made a couple more cups...I'm going to make another creamy/pudding-y recipe with Julia next week and I needed some more silken tofu...
...it turned out perfectly again...
...and finally...this is what was printed on the back of the pretty rectangular dish my sweet sissie gave me for my birthday...barely legible...
...and you know me...I'm just nerdy enough (haha...I'm plenty nerdy enough)...to look that up on the internet...and I found a clearer photo of the same print...and then an article about the John Steventon and Sons Pottery, Burslem

...it's... a copy of the classic Rogers ware for it states: 'Reproduction of Rogers 1786'. It has been found in blue, pink and green. (The original was potted by John Rogers & Son c.1814-36, and is known as "Rogers Elephant." - A floral border encircles a striking transfer scene depicting a man and an elephant near a stream, with a pagoda building and surrounding garden.)

...and there you have it...what's making you happy this Friday?...

~Wishing you a lovely start to your weekend...

6 comments:

  1. Fun food! Neat factoid about the dish.

    Air conditioning at the end of the day makes me happy!

    Love, K

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey K,
      Thanks again for the pretty dish...with an interesting history...
      Love,
      T

      Delete
  2. Burslem, one of the five towns in the Black Country. Have you read The Card by Arnold Bennett. The Card. The Card is a comic novel written by Arnold Bennett in 1911 (entitled Denry the Audacious in the American edition) Really good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Maureen,
      ...I've not read it...but it sounds like my kind of book...I'll have to see if Amazon has it...
      ~Affectioknit-ly,
      Teresa

      Delete
  3. Look what I've found on Youtube, the film of The Card, for Bursley read Burslem! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYbLLGOuaNg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is great...adding it to the queue...I may have to 'choose' the movie this Friday...
      ~Affectioknit-ly,
      Teresa

      Delete