Monday, July 22, 2019

...Over the Weekend...

...it was the weekend for the Community Breakfast at Church...
...so...I didn't make breakfast at home...just some of the delicious coffee that my sweet brother gave us last weekend when we were visiting...
...right after the breakfast...I did the weekly vegan shopping...

...and when I was checking out at the regular grocery store...the sweet teenaged girl and I were just chatting...and she was commenting on the tofu...and all the veggies I was buying and asked if I was vegetarian...and I said...almost...I'm vegan...and she smiled and said...'I've never met a vegan before'...so sweet and cute...
...anywhoo...of note in this week shopping...these flavored beans...I thought we'd give them a try...
...I bought two bags of these mini peppers...we'll grill some...but I love to just eat them fresh as a snack too...
...I stopped at the farmer's market...and got some fresh peaches...the first we've had here...but I had a delicious one up at Mom's last weekend...I love peaches...and I loved that these still had the leaves attached...little baby new potatoes beside the peaches...also yum...
...a bunch of fresh tomatoes line the windowsill...and I wanted one for lunch...
...so I chose the largest one and sliced it open...
...only to find that I was almost out of vegan mayo...so not a problem...I just whipped up another batch...
...I love making this vegan mayo...if you've not tried it you really should...I love it when the emulsification 'happens'...it's magic...
...so thick and creamy...
...I keep it in a little jar...
...then I washed the cucumbers I'd gotten at the farmer's market...
...and sliced them up...
...because I saved the leftover refrigerator pickle liquid...
...heated it back up...
...and poured it over the sliced cucumbers...I hated to waste it...I'll let you know how they turn out...we'll see if you can 'reuse' pickle liquid...
...the Man washed and cut up the collards...
...and I did the green beans...these green beans and tomatoes were a gift from one of our gardening parishoners...so thankful...
...just cooked on low on the stovetop with very little liquid...they're the best...
...then I had bought these cranberries on sale for 49¢...and wanted to use them in some muffins or scones...
...so I just veganized the muffin recipe on the bag...by using vegan butter and sour cream and a vegan flax egg...easie peasie...
...and they turned out really really good...

...Sunday after Church we went out for Mexican...and sat around there for a couple of hours...

...and I gave Jack a bath when we got home...and that's about it for the weekend...

~Wishing you a lovely start to your week!

6 comments:

  1. What a deal/steal on the cranberries. I love to find a good sale on food :-) All the fresh produce look good. It's so nice to have peaches at this time of year. I bought a few just over a week ago. They went bad quite quickly but I managed to eat a few juicy ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Penny,
      ...aren't ripe peaches the BEST?
      ~Have a lovely day!

      Delete
  2. Another colorful food post!! You guys are in a rut - Mexican after church again!

    Love, K

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey K,
      ...I don't think of it that way...I'd gladly eat mexican a few times a week...haha...
      Love,
      T

      Delete
  3. Seems like the "tomato sandwich season" is open! This is a great pleasure!
    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Éphée,
      ...I do love tomatoes...especially in the summer...
      ~Affectioknit-ly,
      Teresa

      Delete