Friday, August 27, 2021

...8.27...Mountain Bike--Commuter Bike Conversion...Day 8...

...Before...


Previous Changes:

Day 1
Day 2
Day 3
Day 4
Day 5
Day 6
Day 7

...since I can't work on the fenders any more until the new paint arrives...I thought I'd move on to the basket...
...this was about the best photo I could find of my old basket...it's just your typical 70s style girl's bicycle basket...and it's wider at the top and tapers to the bottom...and it has three cute little flowers on it...

...but it's just not very usuable...it will carry several envelopes from the mailbox...but that's about it...but not if they're big envelopes...or small boxes...and it's not useful at all for the main thing I need to do with the basket and that's ferry books and such back and forth to the Church...

...so...of course what I really want is just a bigger...wider version of that exact thing...haha...
...and this is it...the new larger basket that I got for my birthday...but...it's black...

...of course we already know that the Man thinks black will look just fine on my bike...haha...
...I...however...do NOT...so I set about changing it to what I do want...
...we already had this clean metal primer in the basement...so I decided to use that on this clean metal basket...
...a couple of coats...
...and now I have a nice white base for my big 'woven' basket...more on that in a bit...
...and I'm keeping the adorable little flowers...and I also decided to paint them...to match the bike...but in hindsight...I kinda wish I hadn't...because they've lost their sweet transparency...
...I used some Fusion for plastic from the stash...for a white background...
...and a few squirts that I managed to coax from the used up can of the red Ford touch up paint...I may give them another spritz with the new red paint when it arrives as well...

~Have a lovely day!

2 comments:

  1. Lookin' good! Love the sweet flowers you're saving. Love, K

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey K,
      ...yeah...I kind of wish I hadn't painted them...but too late...
      Love,
      T

      Delete