Wednesday, August 25, 2021

...8.25...Mountain Bike--Commuter Bike Conversion...Day 6...

...Before...


Previous Changes:

Day 1
Day 2
Day 3
Day 4
Day 5
...just a little touch up painting today...these rubbings were made when me moved from North Dakota to West Virginia...the movers strapped the bike to the side of the trailer wall...and I guess all of the vibration just wore the paint off this bar...
...so I carefully...haha...taped over the letters...and then...not so carefully...just draped some newspaper of the rest of the bike...
...and used some red touch-up paint that belonged to the Man's old red Ford truck...it's actually a pretty good match for the red on the bike...
...a finished close up...not perfect...but 'good enough'...and definitely better than it was before...

...I used to store the bike in the basement (as pictured above in the 'before' photo) between rides...but I got tired of pushing it up and down the ramp every day...so now I store it in the carport between the truck and the car...and so I chain it to the post there...and it's a lot 'handier' for daily rides...

~Have a lovely day!

2 comments:

  1. It's always amazing what you can do with spray paint! Love, K

    ReplyDelete