Monday, October 14, 2024

...10.14...Over the Weekend...

...with the arrival of the cool fall weather...temps were in the 40s this morning (about 4° C)...and we wanted to get an early start on some yardwork...so I made us some breakfast sammies...tofu, vegan bacon bits, and vegan cheese on some toasted french bread slices...
...and the Man got started digging up the little bluegrass tufts we had in front of the sea oats we've already removed...I sort of hated to see them go as we had grown them from seeds...
...but there's the little strip that will become my future square foot garden bed...
...I also dug up and potted the hibiscus Mom had given us earlier this year as it was planted there as well...our Okinawan hibiscus are perennial...but I don't think this one is...
...the Man started harvesting the purple Okinawan sweet potatoes that we had grown in pots...
...some are pretty small...but there's some good sized ones as well...
...meanwhile...I tackled the Rattlesnake beans...as I don't see any more flowers on them...I think they're done producing for the year...
...from the left hand pot...
...and from the right hand one...
...and that filled up the final recycled cereal bag of the season...I'll cook them later this week...
...I emptied their felt pots into the new garden bed...and the fence looks a little bit barren now...
...then the Man mowed the back yard...
...all neat and tidy...we'll probably only mow one or two more times this year...
...and the only other thing we did outside was to go up into the attic and get the screens for the windows...since it's finally cool enough to open them...
...and then just a normal grocery shopping this week...the only thing of note is that I picked up the bag of apples from the organic section...but I didn't look at it very carefully...so I was surprised when I got home that they are not organic...oh well...I'll soak them in baking soda before we eat them...

~Wishing you a lovely start to your week...

2 comments:

  1. It's certainly that time of year when the yard is in transition....our leaves are falling and making it difficult to keep the grass clear now. I'm not used to paying too much attention since we're usually in a frenzy prepping for southbound departure at this time of year! Will be fun to see your "garden" in the spring. Love, K

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't get over how warm it looks where you live. Definitely not yet autumn where you are (at least on the day you were gardening). Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete