Monday, October 07, 2024

...10.7...Over the Weekend...

...it's still pretty hot and muggy here so we wanted to get out into the yard early ...so we just had a quick pot of grits and coffee for breakfast...
...and then we headed out to the front yard to trim all of the bushes...this frontmost one that encircles the sugar maple is pretty big...but we can reach the top using the small flat ladder that Mom gave us...
...but this one in front of the porch...also a loropetalum...is taller so we need the stepladder to reach the top of this one...
...and also the tea olive that runs along the side of the house and outside the fence...if you've never smelled a tea olive in bloom you're really missing out...they are heavenly...
...all nice and neat with their trim new haircuts...
...then I drug my tired self to Stuff mart only to buy a few things that we need...the Man is going to make a pot of vegetable soup...even though it's really still too hot for soup...
...I picked the green beans again...they are definitely winding down now...I only see a few new purple blooms...
...in the food prep department...I made another batch of vegan tofu feta...
...and I Griddler-ed a block of tofu and a big sweet potato to have on hand for later in the week!
...and I should have done a Friday Favorites about my new favorite little sink corner tray/rack thing-y...

...I'd been wanting a neat way to hang my dishcloth to dry...and I mean not over the faucet - which we're getting ready to replace...Nanny had one mounted to the side of her cabinet...and I think those are neat too...but I love this little corner unit because it's multipurpose...holding several little things that you need at the sink but don't want them soggy...

~Wishing you a lovely start to your week!

0 comments:

Post a Comment