Saturday, October 05, 2024

...10.5...Dinner and a Movie...

...starting with some Blogger comments...

...to my sweet sissie Karen who blogs from her boat at McCraw Sails...Hey K...the new roof looks amazing...it's like a new house...and it's so nice of the pilots to fly supplies up to the mountains...all of the devastation there is pretty horrific...Love, T

...to karen from Pumpkin Sunrise...Hi Karen...your chickpea salad looks delicious...and I love those woven stars...I've downloaded the pattern...yours are so pretty!

...to Éphée from L'éphémère quotidienneté des repas et autres trucs de magie...Hi Éphée...the Man loves eggplant so I'll have to try that...and the focaccia too...your new furry friends looks so sweet...

...to Penny from Snap That Penny...Hi Penny...Happy Autumn to you!...I loved seeing your October skies...they are so pretty...

...on the reading front...I've just started "The Bell Jar" by Sylvia Plath...

...for dinner...
...I had bookmarked this Vegan Mexican Street Corn Salad by the Cheeky Chickpea a while ago...
...I just roasted the corn in a skillet...and it was easy to assemble the salad...
...then I made some fat free flour tortillas...just plain flour and boiling water...so easy...
...the puff up and are so good freshly made like this...
...then I re-used the same skillet for a third time to 'fry' some beans...I thought they were pintos when I got them out of the freezer...but they were actually yellow eyes...I don't think it mattered at all though...
...we also had a salad that's not pictured for some reason...

...and the movie was sort of Our Airman's pick this week...as he suggested it during our FaceTime call last week...Howl's Moving Castle...I really enjoyed it...the English dubbers (word?) are fairly recognizable...it was really good!...

...what have you been watching lately?...

~Have a lovely day!

2 comments:

  1. Food looks good. I haven't heard of the movie you watched. As for me I have been watching Pachinko and Slow Horses on Apple TV. Sadly I only have one more episode of each before they end until who knows when. I'm not sure if they have been renewed or not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will enjoy the stars, they use up bits and knit up quickly!!

    ReplyDelete