Wednesday, October 02, 2024

...10.2...W.I.P. Wednesday...

...when we were FaceTiming with the kiddos in Alaska over the weekend...the weather was in the upper 30s°F (about 3° C)...and the girls were playing outside...Big sissie came in and asked for her mittens...so Our Airman went to the closet and gave her a pair of super warm winter mittens...like the North Face waterproof kind...and mentioned that they were a bit too much for the current weather...

...so of course the next day I went out and bought some yarn to make the girlies some "play" mittens...for this in between weather...
...I just stopped at the dollar store and got some of this soft Just Chenille yarn that I'd seen there in a couple of pretty pastel colours...one skein is enough for one pair of mittens...

...the pattern is Jack Frost #56, Two-Needle Mittens
...pastel green for Little Sissie (size 4)...and blue for Big Sissie (size 6)...
...super quick to knit up...about an hour for each mitten...these are the blue ones...
...I added a cord to run through their jackets so that they can't lose the mittens...
...and these are the green ones...I know it's difficult to tell the difference in the colours...
...added a cord to those as well...and they are both on the way to Alaska...in separate packages so they can each have the fun of opening a package from Grandmommy...

...and now...after that brief interlude...I'm back on the Northern Lights sweater...

...what's in your workbasket this week?...

~Have a lovely day!

1 comment:

  1. facetime makes the distance easier! I love when I get to see the kids that way. I'm working on a pair of socks that I hope to finish tonight.

    ReplyDelete