Friday, August 23, 2013

...stair rail...Part Two...

...because this is going to be a multi-week job...
...I set everything up in the garage...
...I peeled off all the little stickers...I was aghast that they had put those on each piece...and sanded off the remaining glue...ARGHHH!...
...then I got busy with the poly...one side per night...times 4...times 4 for each coat...so it'll be a while before I'm finished...but I want it to be perfect with no drips or runs...and I want it completely finished before the installation...
...and this is my little trick for not cleaning the brush in between coats...I wrap the brush tightly in plastic wrap...
...and then seal it up in a ziplock bag...

...I won't do a daily update...as that would be pretty boring...I'm sure you can use your imagination...each day...sand lightly...wipe with tack cloth...turn each piece 1/4 turn...and apply a coat of polyurethane...so about 15 days from now...I'll be finished and ready for the installation...

~Have a lovely day!

3 comments:

  1. Nice trick with the brush. Do you put it in the fridge?? Rail is going to be very pretty. MOM

    ReplyDelete
  2. patience of Job???? love, k

    ReplyDelete
  3. They will look the business when you've done.

    ReplyDelete