Monday, July 15, 2024

...7.15...Over the Weekend...at Mom's...

...y'all have already seen us getting ready for the reunion...but there were a couple of other projects that we needed to take care of for Mom...
...her corner shelf had fallen off the wall in the bathroom...so I chiseled out the mortar...
...and cleaned the space out as best as I could...
...then I mixed up some thinset...in a salad bowl...because...of course that's the way the professionals do it...haha...
...remounted the shelf and taped it up so that it wouldn't sag...
...project #2 involved a bad controller replacement in the refrigerator...
...really just a few screws and a plug in wires...
...we also removed the lights for replacement as they weren't working...
...reinstalled the ice maker and were so happy to hear the motor turning...
...and we ordered new lights for the fridge and freezer compartments...

...and it was midnight and we went to bed...
...we got up early to head to the reunion...and knowing how much food we're going to eat there...we just had a bowl of cereal and some fruit...there was more fruit but I'd been snacking on it before we sat down to eat...
...then we drove part of the way on the parkway...just for kicks...
...and to see the old familiar overlooks again...
...it was already pretty hot...but it's always cooler and shadier on the parkway...
...two views of the...
...French Broad River...
...people were already starting to arrive when we got to the reunion site...
...Mom made the announcements and things got underway...
...my delicious plate of food...Sissie's outstanding vegan casserole...the baked beans and cornbread of course...and some canteloupe, slaw and tomatoes...
...my brother brought a delicious salad with homemade Italian/Greek dressing...
...and everyone sat around munching and chatting and visiting...
...Mom and her cousins and brothers serenaded us for a bit...
...after lunch the Man and I went for a little walk around the community center...
...I spied some sassafras...and wanted to pull it up to make some tea...but I did not...
...and of course we spent some time looking through the old reunion photo albums...and I thought this photo of the Man and me with a very newborn Airman was hilarious...we look so sleep deprived...haha...
...when we got back to Mom's the Man said...hey...there's a heron on the pond...so I grabbed my camera before he flew away...
...and zoomed in...I love to see the heron visiting the pond...
...and while I was out in the front yard...I snapped a photo of Mom's tiger lily...it's been there all my life...and she said it came from Nanny's house...it's so pretty...
...Mom tried on her shirt that I 'fixed'...more on that Wednesday...
...and we played in the pool until dusk...and then had leftovers from the reunion...

~Wishing you a lovely start to your week!

2 comments:

  1. what a fun visit!! love the photo of you with the baby, good times and I have blocked out all those sleepless nights!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun having us all at the reunion this year!!! Good visit. Love, K

    ReplyDelete