Wednesday, July 24, 2024

...7.24...W.I.P. Wednesday...

...I took the second half of the navy towel and made a hanging towel for our kitchen...and I found the perfect button in it's little pouch in the sewing box...and I couldn't remember what it went to at all...and I left it on the kitchen counter for a while before I added it to the towel topper...and the Man asked me what I was using his alb button for...hahaha...I thought it was so funny that he recognized it and knew what it came from...I guess he had buttoned his own alb enough to recognize it in it's baggie...
...so that was a quick little crochet project...and I'll probably keep it on the future handles on the drawers under the sink as our stove is all the way across the room from the sink...and so if you have to go there to dry your hands you're going to get a lot of droplets on the floor...
...and then I've cast on for another pair of my favorite anklets...with a nice khaki coloured cotton sock yarn that's been in my stash for years...
...I did a provisional cast on as I have no idea how much yarn there is...so I cast on at the ankle and I'll knit down to the toe...and then go back and pick up the stitches and knit up to the cuff...and I'm actually loving this lavender and khaki colour combination...so I may see if I have some cotton in that colour and do a few sort of retro stripes at the top...
...see what I mean about the amount of yarn...I divided it and weighed it and they may be really short anklets...I posted a downloaded image of the vintage pattern here....

....what's in your workbasket this week?...

~Have a lovely day!

2 comments:

  1. Love the color of that towel! I have one hanging on both my stove and dishwasher....I can't remember if yours both have handles. Love, K

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm working on a sweater for me and a pair of socks for a holiday gift!!

    ReplyDelete