Monday, May 28, 2007

VEGAN Corndogs

We've been having way too much fun in the kitchen. We made veggie corndogs Sunday evening. It was a lot of fun. I adapted a recipe from the hillbilly housewife http://www.hillbillyhousewife.com/corndogs.htm with obvious substitutions:

1 cup soymilk
1/2 cup flax seed goo
1/4 cup oil
2 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 1/3 cups corn meal
2/3 cup flour
1 to 1-1/2 pounds veggie dogs

flour for dusting (about 1/2 cup)

Hot oil for Deep Frying

Wooden skewers






I know there are ready made veggie corndogs - but you can't get them here and I had brought the veggie dogs back from the 'city'. Anyway, these were way more fun. I'm kinda tired of the kitchen being messed up with the remodel 'though. The stove is out about 2 feet from the wall and there is masking tape everywhere and I have to thoroughly clean every surface before I cook - drywall dust gets everywhere - I've put everything away that I can and covered what I can't with towels, but still everything gets dusty...

2 comments:

  1. I used to make corn dogs many years ago that were pretty good. The man-cub looks like he is having fun. E

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember your corn dogs and even told the man-cub about them...

    Love,

    T

    ReplyDelete