Wednesday, January 26, 2022

...1.26...W.I.P. Wednesday...

...our snow is mostly gone...and the forecast is just for some typical North Carolina January weather...lows dipping down into the teens...but I thought Callie's little pawprints in the melting snow were so sweet...she comes out of her house snuggly and warm every morning...and don't think we haven't tried to make her come inside...she will come onto the back porch...but you can just tell that she doesn't like it at all and wants back outside...remember her house has heat reflective walls and we've filled it with snuggly blankets too...her face and fur seem warm to the touch when I feed her in the mornings...you can see her little house with it's blankets spilling out here...and you can see how we put it together here...
...I can show you this...

...I've finished the second one of the Purl Soho Linen Dish Towels...I really like these and they're pretty...and nice and soft and absorbent...
...and...I've started another little project...for our littlest one's birthday...which is not until May...and it may be saying to much to say that I thought I'd make a 'different (but similar) version' of the things that I made for Big Sissie...the little strand of pink yarn is my row marker...whenever I'm crocheting in the round...I just crochet over a small strip of yarn to mark the beginning of each 'row'...and then I pull it out when I get back to it and then crochet over it again...it's a lot quicker than using any kind of clip on stitch marker...

...the little Valentine's Day package has been sent so I'll show you that after it's opened in Japan...

...and the cross stitch project is almost finished too...
...so...I don't have any more crafty things to show you...but I can show you how I 'fixed' a couple of broken kitchen items...

...the Man had broken one of my favorite measuring cups...just by banging it on the side of a bowl...it was bought at Filene's Basement in Boston...before our Airman was born...so they've had a good long life...even if they are not reparable...
...and you can see where it was spot welded together...and that's where it failed...
...and I was going to use the same food safe epoxy that I'd used to 'fix' my old Emmie food processor when I broke it...but I thought with this smooth metal to metal 'fix' I might need a little reinforcement...so I got out a couple of stainless steel pins...just regular sharp sewing pins...
...drilled two tiny little holes in the cup...and in the handle...
...and slipped the pins through the holes...and bent them over to opposite sides...
...mixed up the epoxy and glued everything in place...
...this is what the inside looks like...
...and the outside...not too terribly neat...but I wanted to make sure I got everything well coated with the epoxy...
...we've been using it in the kitchen already...
...and it seems to be holding up well...
...and then while I was at it...I also fixed the little cup that measures out waffle batter...I had dropped it on the floor and it's little handle had broken off...
...and I had the epoxy already mixed up...so I just glued it back together...and I actually had to hold it for a bit to make sure it had set well enough to let it go...
...but here it is back in the kitchen and ready for use...

...I just love being able to fix things...do you?

~Have a lovely day!

4 comments:

  1. You are so crafty. My lovely dish towels are getting pretty worn and stained. Just sayin’…. Love, K.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey K,
      ...you're now on my list for some new ones...
      Love,
      T

      Delete
  2. nice repair! love the dish towels and the stripe just makes it even better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen,
      ...they really are sweet little towels...I think I'm going to keep one going all the time in my basket just so I'll have something pretty mindless to work on when I want it...
      ~Have a lovely day!

      Delete