Monday, March 20, 2023

...3.20...Over the Weekend...

...we got up and had vegan waffles for breakfast...our waffle maker timer always goes off before the waffle has finished steaming...so we just wait until it does...
...it makes the most perfect waffles ...
...then of course I did the weekly shopping trip...this one was pretty budget friendly...mainly because I had actually looked at the paper that comes on Wednesday listing all the sale itmes...so the potatoes were $2.99 and the Earth Balance was $4.89...it's been $5.89 for a while now...pre-pandemic I could often get it it on sale for $3.89...and the Dave's BBQ sauce was buy one get one free...the Man used to like it when we lived in North Dakota...but I'd not seen it in stores here...
...after shopping...I went to one of my favorite places on earth...
...and headed straight to this section...Adult Fiction...C...for Christie...haha...
...and guess what...they have an entire section of puzzles you can check out...how AWESOME is that?...
...and then I did a little bit of food prep for the week...a big pot of green beans...also a pot of rice...which I apparently didn't photograph...
...and another big pot of succotash...
...and I used up some more of the 1-minute oats by making little three ingredient cookie balls...just whizzed some oats...dates...and pecans in my trusty Emmie food processor...
...and rolled them into little bite-sized balls...
...really they're two bites...haha...
...it looks like a gorgeous spring day...and everything is so GREEN...but the wind is blowing about 30 miles an hour...and it blew this tree down in the back yard...no damage though...and bike riding is pretty difficult...

~Wishing you a lovely start to your week!

2 comments:

  1. Those two-bite cookies look so easy and nourishing while still satisfying that something-sweet desire. Good idea! That's very cool that your library has puzzles to check out, too. I love to do puzzles, but I don't need to buy/own them all. I love to share with friends and family. Why not at the library, too! At the campus library where I work we have a puzzle table (because everyone needs a study break from time to time) and I loan out our puzzles to students when they ask. Its very informal though. Not a whole beautiful shelf of them like at your library!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand spring is in the air up there! Too chilly for me yet though! Those cookie balls do look good and easy. Funny that you can check out a puzzle....I've never seen that in a library before. Neato. Love, K

    ReplyDelete