Monday, March 06, 2023

...3.6...Over the Weekend...

...we got up super early...so that we could have a nice weekend breakfast...get the shopping done and still meet our old friend Amy at 9:30...
...vegan waffles are just the BEST...
...oh...I forgot to show you this...it's actually from last weekend...we brought it back from our trip to mountains...it used to belong to the Man's Dad...it was his childhood desk...his middle brother did such a good job refinishing it...I love its simple clean lines...and it's so sturdy...
...so I did the weekly shopping trip...nothing of note...except that I somehow picked up the WRONG Quaker Oats...the Man won't eat them (he only likes the Old Fashioned kind)...so I'll probably be making oatmeal cookies and maybe some of Mom's old fashioned chocolate no-bakes...maybe some oatmeal bread too...I told him he could always put it into his smoothies too...
...so then I met Amy...and we headed here...I hardly ever go downtown...
...the first place we went was to this street fair...so fun...
...and fun to hear the jangling bells of the streetcars in the 'big city'...haha...I wish we could have just ridden it somewhere...
...we stopped in a little green coffee shop...
...and browsed around Anthopologie...that was fun...I LOVED the tomato candle...so fun...I didn't buy it though...haha...
...and there was a little niche herb shop too...before the pandemic you could buy things in bulk...but not anymore...you can still request a bigger bag and they will go into the back and make it up for you...no more open bins though...
...then we wandered around this antique shop...the only thing we bought was a bag of chips as we were getting pretty hungry...haha...
...because we had planned to go to this little neighboring town to a new tea shop...
...it's not super cute outside...but it is inside...
...we had a cozy table by the window...
...I had Earl Grey tea...of course...they offered almond or oat milk...and I had oat milk...
...my vegan lunch was this delicious vegan chick'n salad...we were going to have vegan chocolate cupcakes for dessert...but they sold out before we could order them...someone came in a took a whole box...all they had...so sad...oh well...
...it was ok...because there was a candy store right down the street...I love little towns that still have main street shops...
...so for 'dessert'...I got a little bag of dark chocolate covered peanuts...

...it was a great day...we had so much fun just talking, walking, eating, shopping, visiting and catching up on each other's lives...
...then Sunday morning...spring is definitely springing up all around us...these grape hyacinth just perfume the air...
...after Church...I did a tiny bit of food prep for the week...I didn't want any of the lovely fresh greens that my baby brother had given us last weekened to go to waste...so I cooked all of the spinach that we had not already eaten fresh in salads...I love spinach any way you have it...
...and then I also prepped the rest of the tender kale...
...and got it into the InstaPot...
...stems too...of course...it will be great to have those at the ready later in the week...

~Wishing you a lovely start to your week!

4 comments:

  1. Looks like a nice outing. Glad you have nice spring weather. Love, K

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice day with your friend! Fun to see people dressed like if it was summer! It's still winter up here. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grape hyacinths bring me such joy--harbingers of springtime! They're still a no show over here, obviously, as our yard is still snow covered!

    That desk is a wonderful addition to your home! In addition to being attractive in its own right, I am so sentimental that the childhood history just kicks it over the top of awesomeness. The dresser in our bedroom is the same one Matt has used his entire life--as long as he can remember. We should really re-finish it. It got a "youthful" glow in the dark paint job at one point that's never been adjusted as Matt matured.

    Huzzh for what sounds like a lovely day with your pal! Time spent with those we love is such a treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore that desk, so sweet!! and it has memories in the family. I loved the outing you had, I need to get out and about soon.

    ReplyDelete