Wednesday, March 22, 2023

...3.22...W.I.P. Wednesday...

...so after I finished the back...I went ahead and stitched the shoulder seam so I could go ahead and finish the neckline...
...it's just a few rows of garter stitch...but do you see all of those little holes...

...maybe...washing and blocking will fix it...but maybe not...these two bamboo yarns have no inherent elasticity...
...and I don't think they look like a 'design feature'...haha...
...so what I'm going to do to "fix" them is...lift up one side of the hole-y stitch with a needle...
...and then lift up the stitch beside it...but not as much...so that they extra yarn of the too wide (hole) stitch gets distributed across multiple stitches...
...so here's what that looks like close up...it's better...the process is a little bit tedious...and it will still need to be blocked...
...the left side has it's holes worked here...just working my way around the circle...I think it will be all right...and there are actually a few too large stitches (i.e., holes) in the middle of the stockinette stitch as well...so I'll work the same treatment on those too...

...oh...and start the sleeves...

...what's in your workbasket this week?...

~Have a lovely day!

3 comments:

  1. Interesting that you know how to fix that! Looks good either way I think though. Love, K

    ReplyDelete
  2. Making things is one thing. Knowing how to fix things when the making doesn't go to plan is another skill set altogether! Good job, T.

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete