Thursday, March 30, 2023

...3.30...What I Ate in a Day...as a Vegan...

...I made a big bowl of Daddy's favorite cereal...
...Cheerios and bananas...(really Organic OateeOs not actual Cheerios...but we generically use the name Cheerios for this sort of cereal)
...and then I took it out on the back porch to enjoy the early morning sunshine...we're in for a couple of days of spring rain so I thought I'd enjoy it while I can...it was chilly though...
...for lunch I made a tofu and mustard sammie...it's so simple...but it reminds me of all those days I spent on horseback as a teenager...we'd pack a lunch (of sorts)...usually bologna and mustard on white bread...haha...and some chips...usually an entire can of Pringles which we ate all through the day...we'd leave early...cross the river and meet up with our horse-y friend on the other side of the river...and ride ALL DAY through the woodland trails...and return home at dusk...tired and hungry...we usually drank water straight from the river...eeeeuuuwwww...I know...all that crop and cattle run-off...oh well...must have been good for our immune systems...haha...
...AND...another nostalbic trip down memory lane...I wonder if my sweet sissie remembers this Denkel's Chocolatina tin...she gave it to me YEARS and YEARS ago...I used to have a little rail around the top of my kitchen cabinets and I had a whole row of pretty tins up there...and this was one of them...it came full of chocolate though...and now that I don't 'collect' the tins anymore...I just use it to store chocolate...
...so that was lunch...it was delicious in so many ways...
...for a snack before my bike ride...I gathered my deconstructed 'candy-bar' ingredients...
...mixed those up and ate it out of hand...
...and then...DINNER OUT...we really don't do that as much as we used to before the pandemic...
...I had a delicious bean burrito...and a TON of chips and dip...
...I think the only other thing I had was this ginger breakfast black tea...a gift from a dear friend...

...what did you eat yesterday?...

~Have a lovely day!

1 comment:

  1. I vaguely remember the tin.....I do remember eating Cherrios often - and I believe I remember eating them using canned evaporated milk, but that may have just been when we were out of regular milk....love, K

    ReplyDelete