Monday, March 27, 2023

...3.27...Over the Weekend...

...we started the weekend with PANCAKES!...
...and not just any ol' pancakes...but Buckwheat Pancakes...
...and some veggie sausage too...
...my first pancakes never turn out quite right...just not that perfect crispiness to the crust that makes a really excellent pancake...so I usually just eat it out of hand with a little bit of Earth Balance on each bite...while I'm making the rest of the pancakes...
...because...after the first near miss...the rest of the stack was superb!...
...just look at this gorgeous spring sky...the trees are starting to leaf out...
...I did the weekly shop...and I went to FOUR different stores...I just made a loop...Adli...Stuff-Mart...Harris Teeter and Food Lion...
...a pretty regular grocery haul...the French bread was marked down to 53¢...it's sell by date was today...and the two big bunches of collards were $2.22...
...so then...of course...it was time for some food prep for the coming week...the collards will go in the InstaPot...
...and there was a passel of delicicous stems...
...there...I got them all crammed into the pot...they will cook down considerably...
...cooked a pot of rice...
...and baked some tofu...
...the turnip greens went into a regular pot on the stove...
...and while the oven was on for the tofu...I mixed up a coffee cake of sorts...
...it's called Pineapple Squares...and it's from Glen and Friends Old Cookbook Show on YT...
...easily veganized and it turned out so pretty...I omitted the almonds in the topping as they both said in the video that the almonds overwhelmed the pineapple flavor...
...and finally we were treated to a beautiful sunset...after some pretty heavy spring rains...

~Wishing you a lovely start to your week!

2 comments:

  1. Oh what a lovely sky, indeed, framed by those towering trees!! And yeah! That first pancake never turns out as nicely as the rest! I like your buttery solution for handling this "problem." :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I remember vaguely that Mom made buckwheat pancakes for us.....all looks good and healthy. Love, K

    ReplyDelete