Friday, March 17, 2023

...3.17...Friday Update...

...a little update for all my blog-y friends that I can't post comments to...

...to my sweet sissie Karen who blogs from her boat at McCraw Sails...Loved the photo of you two in the dinghy...sorry about your camera prob...all the food looks yummy...I love the Impossible Sausage too...glad the bread machine is working so well...the bread looks great...Love, T...

...to Beth from BLD in MT : Living a Simple Life in This Interconnected World ...those Tarn rugs look awesome...and I'm with you on the crochet over braiding technique...

...to karen from Pumpkin Sunrise...I'm so glad your dad is doing better...I'm sure that's a weight off your mind...I love the taupe sweater colour that will go with just about anything...

...to Éphée from L'éphémère quotidienneté des repas et autres trucs de magie...your pain de tofu looks so delicious...I'll have to try that with the cajun flavors...and I miss raclette so much...I need to try that too...

...to Penny from Snap That Penny...I love seeing your Canadian spring photos...it's chilly here but things are definitely blooming...

...on the reading front...

...not as many books this week...Christie's books are all quick reads...

The Listerdale Mystery - 1934 - sounds like just one mystery...but it's actually another collection of short stories...
Three Act Tragedy - 1935
and I'm currently reading Death in the Clouds also from 1935...
...and I zipped up a quick dishcloth to replace one given to me by the Man's Mamaw...she died in 2014 so that's how old this one is...it'll go into the rag box now...I'll use it up washing cars and such until it completely disintegrates...haha...
...I had to stop at the Dollar store to get some cards...so I picked up a nice blue/white cotton yarn to make the replacement...I just counted the stitches in the one Mamaw had made...22 double crochets for 12 rows...super quick and easy...

...I really like it...it's the perfect size weigth and floppiness...if you know what I mean...haha...

...and I think I have enough yarn left to make another one...

~Wishing you a lovely start to your weekend!

3 comments:

  1. I love to the look of your replacement dish cloth. You're correct, it does look like it has the proper "flopiness" and thickness. Love, K

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is cotton yarn at the dollar store?!?!?! Who knew?!? Obviously you!

    Clever workaround for commenting! I gather something has gone awry with your account. What a drag!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet to comment here! Brilliant as always! I did not know either that there was cotton yarn at the dollar store!

    ReplyDelete