Monday, June 26, 2023

...6.26...Over the Weekend...

...so we started the weekend off right...you know what that means...waffles for me...
...and pancakes for the Man...for some unknown reason...he prefers pancakes over waffles...
...after that sugar rush...I headed out to do the weekly grocery shopping...only one stop this time...Food Lion...
...no real deals this time...but I did find a big bottle of A1 - marked down to $2.65...which is a huge savings over the $5.85 regular price...and all because it had somehow lost its label...the seal looks intact so I snagged that one bottle sale...
...and the Man put all of this green stuff on the list because he wants to make Nardia's Trini Sauce...I'm sure it will be too spicy for me...
...and on the food prep front...I baked some tofu...natch...cubes this time...and one slab...I do love tofu...and I love to have some baked and ready for the week ahead...
...and I made another small loaf of the Whole Wheat Buttermilk bread...
...this little half loaf is just about the perfect size for just us two...
...I think it's my new favorite...

~Wishing you a lovely start to your week!

3 comments:

  1. Haha; i'm a weirdo who prefers pancakes! Your man is not alone ;-)
    This trinidadian sauce looks fantastic! I think i have everything to make it! So... let's do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmmmmm. That Trini Sauce sounds right up my alley. The green-ness is so pretty, too.

    There is one dented-and-scratched type grocery store here. I love it for the deals one can get on products with wayward labels, etc. Like you said, as long as the seal is intact I don't care if it got a little beat up along the way. Waste not, want not and a heck of a bargain, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a delicious loaf! I found a new recipe for baked tofu and keep forgetting to try it, thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete