Wednesday, June 07, 2023

...6.7...W.I.P. Wednesday...

...I finished up the "Enjoy the Ride" bicycle tee that Mom sent...
...this was the starting point...
...and here it is after a little soak in some pretty bleach-y water...
...the first thing I did was to paint the seat, grips, and tires brown...don't worry the paint is not dry in this photo...so it looks a little bit shiny...and I also painted the little bits where the pink is sort of scrubby looking in the white reflection bits grey...along with the handlebars...
...and then I painted the body of the bike black...and I love how it turned out...
...then I removed the sleeves...I'm going to shape it up a little bit...as it's a little bit too big and boxy for me...
...turned it inside out for cutting...
...I used a polo shirt that fits me well as the 'pattern'...
...then I traced a pattern pattern of the sleeve to 'cute-n' those up a bit...
...and after I fought with my sewing machine for an hour to get it to properly sew this super soft and stretchy material...changed the needle...and adjusted the tension and removed the stitches over and over again...arghhhh...I'm finally really happy with the result...

...what's in your workbasket this week?...

~Have a lovely day!

2 comments:

  1. Love the new look of the shirt. Much nicer color and shape! LOve, K

    ReplyDelete
  2. More than awesome!!!!! This T is fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete