Friday, June 09, 2023

...6.9...Friday Update...

...Posting some comments to blog friends here...

...to my sweet sissie Karen who blogs from her boat at McCraw Sails...Hey K...all of your improvements at the boat look awesome...and we had so much fun visiting with you...Love, T...

...to Beth from BLD in MT : Living a Simple Life in This Interconnected World ...Hi Beth...Congrats on 1500 posts...that's amazing...I loved seeing all of the photos...and you're Me-Mades are awesome!...

...to karen from Pumpkin Sunrise...Hi Karen...all of your baby knitting is so precious...and you've had a few busy weeks...

...to Éphée from L'éphémère quotidienneté des repas et autres trucs de magie...Hi Éphée...so glad you're finally getting some springtime...hoping that the wildfires aren't too bad and smoky where you are...I love the look of your Jerk Tofu...

...to Penny from Snap That Penny...Hi Penny...just hoping that the wildfires aren't bad where you live and that you're enjoying the springtime...

...a few more Agatha Christie books read:

...I finished Sparkling Cyanide - 1945...and...
The Hollow 1946
Taken at the Flood 1948
The Rose and the Yew Tree 1948
Crooked House 1949

...and on the short story list I read: The Labours of Hercules 1947 - it's a collection of stories that were all first published in periodicals between 1939 and 1947...and Poirot 'chooses' his last 12 cases before retirement to conform to the Labours of Hercules... ...and next on the list in 1948 was The Witness for the Prosecution...but it was only published in the U.S. and all of the stories were in U.K. collections I've already read...The Hound of Death, The Listerdale Mystery or Problem at Pollensa Bay and Other Stories...so I didn't read (or re-read) those...

...I've got a hold on A Murder Is Announced - 1950...not sure when I'll get it...the library's 'wait time' just says less than 2 weeks...which just means someone else has it checked out...I could of course read something out of order...NOT...haha...it's a Miss Marple novel...I love those...and I'm pretty sure I sort of remember the plot of this one (the denouement anyway)...from the old BBC Miss Marple program with Joan Hickson...

...in other news...
...we saw this tiny little guy on one of our walks...(my finger is for size reference there...haha)...this spring has been so long and cool...which we think is awesome...but I imagine a lot of critters like this one are searching for some warm-ish pavement...
...and I found a random ball of red/white variegated cotton...so of course I just whipped up a new dishcloth...it almost makes a checkered pattern like my napkins...
...I've got quite a bit of the yarn left...but not enough to make another dishcloth...so I got some white and red cotton out of the stash...and I'll probably just use up the variegated and then finish with the red and white...

~Wishing you a lovely start to your weekend!

1 comment: