Monday, June 05, 2023

...6.5...Over the Weekend...

...we started the weekend with waffles...always a good thing...
...I did the weekly shopping...nothing really of note...the Silk was on sale two for $7...so I got three...I'm sure I can use those up before the July 9th date...
...oh...this is of note...Philadelphia Water Ice...they had a couple of other flavors I'll be sure to try...
...this one is Blueberry/Coconut/Pineapple...it's very sweet and tropical and yummy...
...just a couple of things on the food prep front...baked tofu of course...some shaped as chick'n for the grill...some scrambled for tofu scramble...and some just in squares...
...and I had bought kale thinking that I would add it to smoothies...but it's flavor is too strong for that...I know people put kale in their smoothies all the time...but it's just not for me...so I just decided to cook it...and the Man asked why I didn't use the InstaPot as it would have been quicker...but it was just a small bunch...so I just put it in a pot on the stove...
...and finally my Niece-in-law (is that a thing)...you've seen her here on the blog before...has a birthday this week...so I crocheted a little facial scrubbie out of some fairly soft cotton scrubby yarn...it's not as rough as the one you use for dishcloths...and got that into the mail...

~Wishing you a lovely start to your week!

3 comments:

  1. happy birthday to your niece! I love summer because I eat more salads than in the winter :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey - thought I'd commented already. You're so sweet! Love, K

    ReplyDelete
  3. This Philadelphia Water Ice.intrigues me! I'll stay tuned; maybe they will export up here!

    ReplyDelete