...I lined up all my pastel yarn balls in roybgiv order...and started crocheting the curly tendrils that make up the mane and tail...
...you need 2 little short ones for the forelock...I chose pink and yellow for those two...and then you need 23 of the other curls...
...so then I made a sort of a line to follow down the top of the neck...since it was crocheted in the round it's not an exact straight line though...
...and then you need a dozen of the longer tail curls...
...I stitched on the pink and yellow forelock pieces so that the yellow one hangs pretty much between her golden eyes and the pink one off to the side...
...I had left a long enough tail on each curl to be able to tie it into the stitches along the neckline...so I just tied that with a square not...
...and then pulled the threads down through the batting fluff and snipped it off so that the tails of each curl are hidden in the fluff...
...gave it a little tug to put a little bit of tension on it...
...and snipped it off so that it would spring back inside and stay hidden...
...I stitched the mane curls on in roybgiv order all down the neckline...I kept thinking that there were too many of them...but it actually looks nice and lush and squishy and pettable...
...and the same procedure for the tail curls...
...I had a lot of little snippets of yarn left at the end...
...here she is showing off her locks in natural light...
...and in artificial light...
...I think she's so adorable...I hope little sissie loves her...
...what's in your workbasket this week?...
~Have a lovely day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Wow, that is just fantastic! Love, K
ReplyDelete