Friday, March 25, 2022

...3.25...Friday Update...

...new dollie came wearing a little pair of undies...
...and since they are not in the best of shape...I cut them open and used them to make a pattern...
...and just stitched up the side seams...and turned under a little bit on the legs and around the waist...
...and then used a couple of strands of elastic thread and a needle to add a bit of elasticity...they are made of a stretchy cotton T-shirt material...and would probably stay up on their own...
...front...
...and back...I'm glad I thought to add some undies to her outfit...
...so now with her underclothes complete...she really is ready for a box...
...now...on to the Read Harder Challenge...I have almost finished slogging through Jack Kerouac's On the Road...I was actually surprised by the 75% 'liked' statistic...haha...because I'm NOT one of those...

...well...I have heard this book described as "legendary"...and "quintessential"...and basically it's about these two guys...Sal and Dean traveling around the country...and the people they meet and their friends...a lot of it is about drugs and sÆx (just mentioned...not graphic)...and some other nefarious things that they get into...I guess it does have some good qualities...loyalty and perseverence and being true to who you are...but the diaglogue is difficult...a lot of endless rambling...on and on and a lot of repetition...more than a little bit self-centered...so I know that's not a very glowing review...and that I don't know much of anything about the "Beat" movement...I definitely would not recommend this book...not even if you're comtemplating Van Life or RV Life...haha...

...not a lot has actually been accomplished around here...we're both sick now...and the Man took another one of our Covid Tests...just to be sure...he's negative as well...so...we're just going to sit around and nurse our colds...it's been a week since I've done ANY exercise at all...not much of anything else either...some reading and a little bit of knitting and crocheting...and I haven't played the piano in a week either...so I'm on the mend now and really really looking forward to getting back into my routine...and trying to baby the Man a bit the way he has done for me over the last week...

~Wishing you a lovely start to your weekend!

4 comments:

  1. Agree with your assessment of On the Road! Weird how some books get all "hyped up". Another one is the Hitchhiker's Guide series. I've tried several times to slog thru those. I just don't enjoy it. I understand it's supposed to be hilarious. I just read it and say "meh". Oh well. Glad dollie has some new undies. :-) Love, K

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey K,
      ...yeah - it's pretty disappointing...not sure I would have even finished it without the challenge...haha...and I remember Hitchhiker's too...and I think there was a PBS series that we tried to watch too...and didn't like it either...maybe too much like the 90% of Monty Python that wasn't at all funny...but the 10% that was - was pretty funny...not sayin' enough to make up for the 90% though...haha...
      Love,
      T

      Delete
  2. That's funny--our timing again--as I was just thinking of re-reading On the Road. I read it back in my late teens/early twenties. My BIL bought me a copy at this sweet little secondhand book shop in Seattle because he thought, as a budding neo-hippie, it was a travesty that I'd not read it. I don't think I "got it" at the time and am curious to see if it would be different now. Your review isn't all that encouraging, but...as I always say at the library, "every book has its reader."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Beth,
      ...definitely true about every book...and you may like it...obv - a lot of people have/do...and I put The Motorcycle Diaries on my reading challenge list for the adventure story challenge...and I'm looking forward to it...
      ~Have a lovely day!

      Delete