Thursday, September 05, 2024

...9.5...Vegan Baby Ruth...single serving...only three ingredients...

...remember that date paste I got a few weeks ago to make a delicious two ingredient vegan creamer...
...we'll I've been eating a chunk of it with a handful of peanuts...and I thought it tasted exactly like a candy bar...so I decided to make an actual vegan candy bar...

...I rolled out a thin sheet of the date paste...
...and then I smashed on a layer of peanuts...
...smushing them into the date paste...
...and then I rolled it up into a log...and it's delicious just like that...
...but to make it even better...and more like a traditional candy bar...
...I took some vegan chocolate chips and arranged them on a sheet of parchment...
...and melted them in the microwave for a few seconds...
...then I took the peanut/date paste log and smashed it into the melted chocolate...
...then rolled that up so that the peanut log gets pretty well coated with the chocolate...if I were making multiple bars...of course I'd melt the chocolate and pour it over them...
...after a brief time in the fridge...
...the chocolate is solid and you can unwrap the parchment...
...and it's so much like an actual candy bar...and it takes only a couple of minutes to make just one...

~Have a lovely day!

1 comment:

  1. That is a terrific idea!!! I'll have to remember that for a future Bahamas trip as I do keep all three ingredients. Love, K

    ReplyDelete