Monday, September 23, 2024

...9.23...Over the Weekend...

...we had a nice visit with Amy...I totally meant to take a selfie...but just never did...we stayed up past midnight just talking...
...so Sunday morning I made a vegan banana bread...my favorite one from the Vegan Omicon...
...and we had a nice quick little breakfast...
...and then we made the Man's Birthday cake...
...he requested a Pineapple Upside Down Cake...
...I've not made one in years...but Mom always made them in this square 'cornbread' pan...
...it rose up more than I expected...
...flipped it over with some trepidation...but it came out perfectly...too bad I don't have a big square plate for it...
...Amy left and we met the Man's baby brother for brunch...I got my usual restaurant fare...hashbrowns with several of the omelette mix-ins...and a side of sourdough toast...it was good...and we had a nice long visit with him and his family...
...when we got home from that...I made the Man open his present...
...it's a rice cooker...
...so of course we had to wash it and try it out...
...it's super super simple to use...two settings cook and warm...it has a bunch of recipes too...maybe we'll try some of them...
...I was putting the box in the recycle bin and notices this little tab...sweet...
...the rice turned out perfectly...I love that...no guesswork...
...I think the only other thing I did after our whirlwind week of remodeling was to pick the green beans...they're an heirloom 'October' bean...so they're just now really coming on...they're called "Rattlesnake" beans...and I'm picking a big handful like this now every day...and the plants are still covered with purple blooms...

~Wishing you a lovely start to your week!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a nice full weekend!! Hopefully you're able to relax a bit now that the bathroom saga is over!! Love, K

    ReplyDelete