Wednesday, September 25, 2024

...9.25...W.I.P. Wednesday...

...both of these little sewing projects from last week involve black cloth...so they're a kindof hard to see...
...I started with the black flannel that I had used as 'blackout' curtains for our room before we got proper ones...
...and I took off the little wooden valance thing from the plantation blinds in the guest room...
...and then just sewed down the corners to make a little pocket that would fit over that piece...
...but the fabric wasn't quite long enough...so I just added a piece at the bottom...
...the blackout curtain just slips over the wooden piece to hang over the outside (room facing) side of the window...
...and here they are in place in the guest room...the previous solution was black trash bags...so this is much better...right Sissie?...

...there is a pretty old fashioned street light on the sidewalk right outside this room...so these will just offer a little bit more darkness in the guest room hopefully making it easier for our guests to sleep...
...and then already you've seen this brown bathmat...because we used to use it at the top of the stairs before we got a prettier one...
...so I just cut another piece of the black flannel to cover it...
...leaving enough overhang to stitch the channels and tuck it in all the way around...
...then I just sort of pressed the fabric down into the grooves and stitched along the depression...
...I thought about making a bias binding...but I just stitched all the way around the edge in the depression left by the original binding...
...I am so happy with how it turned out...
...it looks great in the newly remodeled bathroom...
...and our guests will have something soft and absorbent to step out of the shower onto...

...both projects took less than a half hour and used things I already had...my favorite kind of project...

...what's in your workbasket this week?...

~Have a lovely day!

2 comments:

  1. working with black is the devil's work (ha ha). Lovely finishings!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice work on the blackout curtains - and the rug transformation is creative! Love, K

    ReplyDelete