...after the Guinea Pig and the July box were on their way to Alaska...I picked up my athletic socks again...and this time since I'm sure I've got enough yarn for the second sock...I didn't do the provisional cast-on...but just started with a german cast-on and then knit it together with the top of the sock...it turns out exactly the same as the other sock...so that's good...
...and then I wanted to do a little refurb of an existing hat that I don't wear very much...
...the Man had given me this neck and ear protecting hat a while ago and I love it because it fits under my bike helmet and gives me a lot of shade coverage...
...and all of the 'shade' pieces snap off so you can wear it just as a cap if you want to...
...so I wanted the blue cap to be exactly the same...and guess what I found at the thrift store for $1...well...it's a blue pillowcase in almost the exact same colour as the cap...
...so I just used the shade pieces from the tan hat to make shade pieces out of the pillowcase fabric...
...and then I cut a bunch of diagonal strips from the remainder of the cloth...
...and then I used my little bias tape maker and the iron to fold the edges...super satisfying and fun for some reason...
...and I wound up with a LOT of bias tape...I actually cut way too much...I should have measured as now I have a lot of light blue binding tape that I don't really have a project for...haha...
...but I sewed the bias tape around all of the shade pieces...
...and used the tan hat to measure where to put the snaps on the blue hat...
...and hammered all of those in place....it was a lot of hammering...the Man came downstairs to see what on earth I was doing...haha...
...everthing snapped into place...
...and now I have two almost identical shade hats in nice different colours...
...what's in your workbasket this week?...
~Have a lovely day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



WOW that was impressive!!! I have one of those bias-tape making gizmos that I've used very successfully with thick Sunbrella material. I agree, good fun! Love, K
ReplyDeletenow that's a hat perfect for those super sunny days!!
ReplyDelete