...as promised...the Man made his delicious Chow Mein...
...I think Chow Mein can be pretty much anything...
...this is what wiki says..."Chow mein is a Chinese dish of stir‑fried wheat noodles mixed with vegetables and often meat or tofu, originating from Guangdong and literally meaning “stir‑fried noodles.”
Chow mein (็้ข/็้บต) consists of wheat noodles cooked in a hot wok with vegetables such as cabbage, onions, or bean sprouts, and optional proteins like chicken, beef, pork, shrimp, or tofu. It is widely popular in China and globally, especially in the U.S., U.K., India, and Nepal."
...so I think his version qualifies as 'chow mein'...we serve it over the La Choy crispy (wheat) noodles instead of frying noodles with the veg...probably just because that's how we remember having it as kids...it was such a treat...then and now...
...and of course the movie was another episode of Ted Lasso...he's back in England coaching the women's team...so there are new people to get used to and it's kindof a different vibe...but it's good...it is after all a show about some people...
...I'm almost finished with The Lovely Bones...and there is a movie...not sure if we'll watch that...or maybe we will and just fast forward past the attack parts at the beginning...we'll see...and I may get her (Alice Sebold) next book The Almost Moon...there's a preview chapter of it at the end of this book...
...let me know if you've read either of these...I guess I would say I'm enjoying it...I do like the descriptive interactions and how the family reacts and comes together...of course I've read the ending...haha...not that it's a stressful book...
...what have you been watching and reading lately?...
~Have a lovely weekend!
Saturday, September 12, 2026
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment