...they're all a little bit different...so I'll be treating each one with a little bit of a different technique... ...first up though...this stripe-y one has some stains that I want to address... ...so I treated it with some peroxide and set it out in the bright (and hot) sunshine to lighten those spots up a bit...
...I slipped this one on and it didn't seem all that wide-necked...so I just took one pleat center front...
...which took about an inch out of the circumference...
...this next one is a V-neck...so I marked the area I wanted to take in with masking tape...
...just so I'd be sure to get a nice straight seam...
...and then tried to make sure they were exactly the same on both sides...
...and then I just stitched it from the seam to very very close to the tape marker...at the end you just pull the thread tight and it cinches that seam neatly closed...
...the right side is done...
...an inside view...I just tacked the extra material down on the inside...
...and both sides complete...this one took out about 2 inches...
...the sunshine did an amazing job of bleaching the spots...and this is the widest neckline of all...so I marked it for 5 little pleats...
...and stitched them on the machine...the center one is a double pleat and each side's pleat faces the center...
...so this fix removed about 2 1/2 inches from the neck circumference...
...and then I tacked the pleats down on the inside...
...I marked the area on this next shirt with polka dots and hearts...
...I thought would look nice with some gathered white beads to cinch it in a bit...basically I just took a stitch...added a bead...went forward a bit...took a stitch...added a bead...etc...
...and again at the end of the pinned area...I just pulled the thread tight and it gathered the area up tight to the beads...it turned out super cute...
...these were fun little fixes...
...what's in your workbasket this week?...
~Have a lovely day!
...these were fun little fixes...
...what's in your workbasket this week?...
~Have a lovely day!



0 comments:
Post a Comment