Monday, October 16, 2023

...10.16...Over the Weekend...

...we got up super early...
...because it was rainy and windy and a small-ish tree fell right beside our bedroom window...it was just after dawn...and the Man and I both sat up and said "what was that"...but it sounded exactly like what it was...a tree hitting the ground...and it didn't hit the house...so thankful for that...
...so I did the weekly shopping trip...
...got the Silk vanilla creamer this time...and a carton of Silk half and half...I've never had that before but thought it might be good for some recipes...
..and another carton of Ben and Jerry's Mint Chocolate Change...
...I finally organized my 'gadget' drawer...
...much easier to find things now...I should definitely have done this...oh...nine years ago...
...on the food prep front...I cubed a block of tofu and baked it...
...and then it was time to bake a loaf of bread...and I didn't have any bread flour...
...it certainly rose up nicely...
...and baked nicely too...
...sadly it stuck to the pan a little bit...
...not perfect...
...but perfectly good...
...there's not anything much better than freshly baked bread...hot from the oven...slathered in Earth Balance...
...and finally our two little yellow tomato plants are definitely winding down now...there are still a few little green tomatoes...and these have a brownish blush on them that they didn't used to have...

~Wishing you a lovely start to your week!

2 comments:

  1. I must absolutely find this chocolate and mint nice cream!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The drawers looked great....and the bread does too! Love, K

    ReplyDelete