Monday, October 09, 2023

...10.9...Over the Weekend...

...of course I started the weekend by doing the grocery shopping...
...the only thing of note is that I got three bags of this sausage mix on clearance...
...not sure why I took a separate photo of the charcoal...but the Man has been doing quite a lot of tofu grillin' lately...
...and I immediately opened a bag of the breakfast sausage tvp because I wanted to see if it was like the sausage tvp that I used to get at the SDA store...and sadly it is not...it's just plain tvp with some spices...and an awful lot of caraway by the smell of it...I'm not a caraway fan...so this might have been a mistake...I'll let you know...
...and then we replaced this sink...there's a whole post several years ago about this sink and tile here...
...and it really just needed to be replaced...we couldn't keep it tight up against the wall...because the porcelain was a bit broken underneath...and you can see from the multiple holes drilled in the tile that the sink has been mounted and remounted several times...

...so we got a small (the smallest one available at Lowes - this bathroom is tiny-TINY)...and what I really wanted to show you was how I lined up the already drilled holes in the wall with the cabinet so that we wouldn't have to drill more holes in the tile...

...I dipped a couple of q-tips in some green paint and stuck those into the two holes we'll be using...
...then lined up the cabinet and pushed it back against the painted q-tips...
...and that left these marks showing us exactly where to drill the holes on the cabinet to line up with the existing holes in the wall...
...but...alas...the Man had to drill those holes a little bit bigger because the anchors we're using wouldn't fit into the holes...but still...not new holes...just enlarging the existing ones...
...then with the anchors in place...we just screwed the cabinet to the wall...
...and we have a nice snug fit...perfect...

...and the new sink covers up all of the old holes and just looks so much neater..
...and here's the completed sink/cabinet...oddly it seems smaller somehow than the wall mounted one we took out...and I'm really happy with the extra storage...
...in other home improvement news...I organized another drawer...HA!...we keep our potatoes and onions in the lowest of our cabinet drawers...and I sectioned it off with recycled milk cartons...like I did the towel drawer...and of course there's a post about that process as well...

...so do I need to have everything sectioned off...well...no...but I like it a whole lot better...
...and then after Church on Sunday...our gardening parishoner brought us another (maybe the last) garden bounty of the year...and we are so thankful for all of the tomatoes/squash/cucumbers/okra that they have gifted us this year...

~Wishing you a lovely start to your week!

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, I miss the SDA store....sink looks great. Surprised you did that....love, K

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of our bathrooms could do with updating but we keep procrastinating on that. I need to grocery shop tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete