Saturday, October 07, 2023

...10.7...Dinner and a Movie...

...the very last of this year's garden fresh yellow squash...mine is Griddler-ed...
...and the Man's is friend in rings...à la Mom...HA!
...and we also had vegan cornbread...fresh cucumbers and tomatoes...mixed greens and delicious French lentils...

...and the movie was the Man's choice this week...High Plains Drifter...

...I'm sure I've watched this entire movie before...Daddy liked westerns in general and Clint Eastwood westerns in particular...so I probably watched it with him sometime in the 70s...but I was surprised by a lot of things with this film...first of all...it was good...and also...really spooky...I was surprised both by what I remembered and what I didn't...I remembered the general plot pretty well...but it was really violent...and there was violence against women in particular that I didn't remember at all...still...I would recommend this movie...

...what have you been watching lately?...

~Have a lovely day!

1 comment:

  1. Dinner looks like comfort food! And I'm sure I've seen that movie half-dozen times since it comes on the free over-the-air channels pretty often. We've been watching His Dark Materials - just finished it. Enjoyed it sortof like Narnia. Love, K

    ReplyDelete