Monday, October 30, 2023

...10.30...Over the Weekend...

...this was the weekend of the BIG ANNOUNCEMENT...the Man announced his retirement from full time called ministry...at the end of the year...

...so that made Sunday afternoon full of phone calls...leaving a congregation is always bittersweet...and after nine years here that is certainly true...

...but before that...Friday...it was Trunk or Treat...
...so we headed over to the Church parking lot at 5:00...and it was still over 80° F (27° C)...way too warm for Halloween...
...there was already a good crowd...
...the fire truck was there...
...and it was fun seeing all of the decorated trunks...
...so fun to watch the little ones so excited for the candy...
...this one is a car wash...and you have to go through the bubbles and plastic hanging 'scrubbers' to get to the candy...how neat...
...the kids ran for a seat on the hayride...when they got back I heard two little girls call to their mamas...'we're going again'...so fun...
...the trip around the graveyard isn't too spooky before nightfall...
...the baby goats were there again...they're so sweet...
...and the playground was a really busy place...it was all a lot of fun!
...and then Saturday...I made another trip to Goodwill...we have SO MUCH STUFF...it's insane...I really NEED to move every few years...just to make myself go through everything and get rid of what we don't need...and...I'll be making at least one trip to Goodwill every week between now and the end of the year...
...the only food prep I did was to make another batch of croutons...I know I just did that last week with sissie...but I made those super sized for topping our Caesar salads...and they are almost all gone...so I made some smaller ones...I like them smaller...
...and then I worked on our Christmas cards a little bit...so here's a sneak peek...we're using one of our family photos from Okinawa...

~Wishing you a lovely start to your week!

3 comments:

  1. It is so warm where you live. It is very cold for us on the west coast now and especially cold when it isn't raining. I got sick again this year. It never fails despite getting the jab for the flu I think I have a mild flu and a full on cold. It certainly is big, big, news that your husband is leaving full time ministry. I'm sure you both gave it a lot of thought and I hope you've got something good lined up for the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear that the waiting to announce is finally over! Looks like a nice start to your fall/winter! Love, K

    ReplyDelete
  3. congratulations on retirement!!

    ReplyDelete