Monday, October 02, 2023

...10.2...Over the Weekend...

...since we didn't watch our movie Friday night like we usually do...we watched it Saturday...and it was my choice...remember when my friend who was walking the Camino missed my birthday and sent me a card with some chocolate...well...the chocolate was Peace Chocolate...and there's a movie about the family that started that chocolate factory in Canada...Peace by Chocolate...it was good...

...and I'm feeling so much better now...I got up early Saturday...and had a quick mug of tea and a vegan buttermilk biscuit with a homemade sausage pattie to start the day...
...because I had to head over to the Church for the Prayer Shawl Knitting/Crocheting group meeting...

...we're doing a new-to-us sort of a group project...a whole bunch of fleece lap-ghans for the local senior daycare center...
...first we cut nice straight edges...not as easy with fleece as it looks...haha...
...and then we used this little cutting tool to make little slits in the fabric for the crochet hook to poke through...
...and then we had the fun of rummaging around in our stash closet to find a matching yarn...we have a ton of yarn...
...I chose this bright yellow to go with this one...there were so many patterns to choose from...
...a group shot of everyone hard at work...
...I brought three home to work on...
...and another flowery one...the yellow yarn will actually go with this one really well...but I think I may have a green or two in my own stash that I may like better...
...and this one reminded me of Our Airman's baseball themed bedroom in North Dakota when he was little...

...and I love the red and white yarn with it...
...so right after that meeting I headed out to get the groceries...
...I got lots of neat vegan things...
...Ben and Jerry's Mint Chocolate Change...
...accidentally vegan Doritos...
...and I know I've been lamenting the inability to find my favorite Silk Protein milk for some reason...so I got this creamy Oatmilk to try...
...and I got a Daiya pepperoni pizza to have on hand...
...and then when I stopped at a new to me Harris Teeter...they actually had my milk...so I got three of them...
...and then in the afternoon I made a vegan German Potato Salad...
...and we headed over to a friends Oktoberfest party...
...there was so much delicious vegan German food...a pretzel and mustard table...
...my overloaded plate...so delicious...
...sweet vegan marzipan fruits for dessert...
...lots of little party favors...an Oktoberfest wristband...
...and a Kiss Me button...
...Sunday morning...I texted my sweet sissie a piccie of me dressed for Church...
...because I was wearing a cute cardi that she'd given me for my birthday...back in 2010...blogs are so useful...aren't they...?
...one of our parishoners gave us this lovely bouquet of fall flowers after Church...
...and I made a cherry pie...using the cherries leftover from the clafouti...
...I used my old pie helper to roll out a nice thin crust with no flour...
...and used the scraps to make some lattice strips...
...it turned out so pretty and delicious...I should make pie more often...
...the Man's little Hen and Chicks have already outgrown their little pot...
...so we got a bigger one and repotted them...
...and I changed out the porch pillow...Hello Pumpkin...
...and we opened the sauerkraut...and it is so perfectly crisp and delicious...

~Wishing you a lovely start to your week!

2 comments:

  1. My goodness you're busy!!! It made me tired just reading all the things you were doing on the blog!!! Love, K

    ReplyDelete
  2. fresh sauerkraut!! yum! Love the pic of you in the cardigan.

    ReplyDelete