Monday, October 23, 2023

...10.23...Over the Weekend...

...we started the weekend with buckwheat pancakes...
...and then I took some of the breakfast sausage crumble and just mixed in enough flour to make it stick together...and fried those up as patties...
...it was a perfect breakfast...

...and then as usual...I did the weekly shopping...and photographed it...or thought I did...but there were no pictures on my camera...my old (really old) camera that I use for almost all of the pictures on this blog is having some issues...sometimes it warns me that it didn't write to disk... and asks if I want to recover...and sometimes it does successfully recover the photo...but not this time...it didn't even ask...you can imagine it though...pretty much the usual things...
...and I did get a couple of photos of the clearance items...these 5 avocados were $1...earlier in the summer they had been 50¢...but now for some reason they are over $3...so this was a deal...and I was a little bit worried that they might be brown on the inside as they are quite ripe...
...but you can see they're just about perfect...and they're going into the freezer for guacamole later in the year...
...and on the same clearance rack I got a bag of limes...also $1 for all of them...instead of 68¢ each...

...and then Sunday afternoon...my sweet Sissie and her hubby stopped by for a visit...YAY!!!this will be the last time I see them before they head out on their boat for 6 months...
...so we made the vegan Reese's recipe again...
...they were a little dry this time...I think because I used the vegan I can't believe it's not butter...and I don't think it's as dense as the plant based stick butter that I used the last time...and I measured using the water displacement method...and it must be a little bit whipped up...
...anywhoo...still pretty delicious...and I won't make that mistake again...
...for dinner we had the Man's spaghetti that you've already seen...we started with a nice salad...and I had made some rather large croutons in the afternoon for that...no photo though...

...and I served it in my snowflake casserole that is an exact replica of Mom's...and she used hers to serve spaghetti when I was little...as far as I know she still has it...the boys found one just like it in North Dakota and gave it to me...
...my pasta bowl...Trader Joe's vegan meatballs...and the Italian bread was delicious...
...we had such a nice visit...

~Wishing you a lovely start to your week!

2 comments:

  1. Must try freezing avocados! I say it everytime, and do not do it ;-( This meal with your sister is mouthwatering! And i see 2 bottles of wine. Tchin! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a wonderful visit!! I'm jealous of the 5 for $1 avocados though!!! Love, K

    ReplyDelete