Saturday, March 13, 2021

...3.13...Dinner and a Movie...

...still trying to support one of our local restaurants each week...and this one has a (sort of) funny story...and sort of not...
...we had gotten one of those Chinese restaurant menu flyers in the mailbox the other day...and it had some $2 and $3 coupons on the bottom...and we glanced at it and thought it was a restaurant that we liked about 10 miles from here...so you can probably guess where this story is going now...haha...

...so I stuck it on the fridge and we planned on ordering Chinese food for our movie night...and about 5:30ish I called and placed our order...

...y'all know we live out in the country and just about everything is about 10 miles from here...so I headed out across country roads to the Chinese restaurant we thought we had ordered from...got there...and you guessed it...no order...and they'd never seen the coupon I brought...so...I called the Man and asked him to look at the menu we'd ordered from...and you guessed it...it was one 10 miles in the other direction from our house...soooo...I called them back and said I'd be a little bit late picking up our order...and so in the end I drove about 50 miles to get our dinner...mine was called Tofu in Garlic sauce and it was really good...and we wound up supporting a different 'local' restaurant than we'd planned...

...and for the movie...it was actually another series...I've mentioned Dr. Who here before...and "my Doctor" is Tom Baker...because he's the Doctor that I first watched as a child...and well...just because he's the BEST Doctor ever...haha...

...and I remember being so shocked and disappointed when he regenerated as the Fifth Doctor (Peter Davison) in the 80s...I had not known any of the previous Doctors and didn't even realize that there were previous regenerations...but now...having watched every single episode (some were just stills with sound and some were animated as some of the original films were lost in a BBC archive purge) of the 28 seasons and the first seven doctors...I now have an appreciation of all of them and I like them all individually...but Tom Baker is still my favorite...

...so before I embark upon any of the millenial Doctors...I chose to watch this series...The Doctors Revisited...which was a 25ish minute program showcasing each of the Classic Doctors...with a section about the Doctor himself and his "Tardis Team" and his foes...

...I enjoyed it...

...what have you been watching lately?...

~Have a lovely weekend!

7 comments:

  1. Wow, you really went far to get your take out order. I'm glad it was delicious. For movies I watched an old Jane Wyman movie called "So Big". I don't recall watching too many Jane Wyman movies growing up and this one was released before I was born. I enjoyed it as it was a good, clean movie. Have a great week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Penny,
      I looked up that movie...I've not seen it and it does look good...
      ~Have a lovely day!

      Delete
  2. we watched Pulp Fiction this weekend. I met Tom Baker as a child. Our school had an outing to the local Corn Exchange building in Bury St. Edmunds, Suffolk, and the special guest was Tom Baker, I took my autograph book along and have his autograph :) I agree he is the best Dr. Who. I knitted an official Dr. Who scarf about ten years ago, it is about a foot wide and 12 feet long, it is ridiculously long, but I followed the official pattern that can be found online.

    Bean

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bean,
      ...that's a really neat story about Tom Baker...and I'm sure you treasure that experience...He seems like a really nice guy...I bet your scarf is amazing...I've downloaded that pattern...but not sure I'll make it...I'm sure I'd never wear it...but it does look like a fun knit for TV watching...I've also seen a couple of pairs of Dr. Who socks that I might make...https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/dr-who-scarf-knee-high-socks ... https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/tardis-socks-tribute ...and https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/the-teas-getting-cold-dr-who-7th-doctor-socks...those last 7th doctor ones would look nice under grey trousers for work I think...
      ~Have a lovely day!

      Delete
  3. I love Dr. Who and really liked Matt Smith. Sadly they moved all the Dr. Who rebooted ones to somewhere I don't stream from. They used to be on amazon prime. Boo. Never saw the classic Dr Who shows!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karen,
      ...We subscribed to BritBox...expressly for the Dr. Who episodes...I'm looking forward to the 'new' ones now...
      ~Have a lovely day!

      Delete
  4. What a bummer! I mean, it ends with tasty Chinese food so I guess alls well that ends well, but boy...what a drag, having to do all that extra driving!

    We're revisiting some old episodes of Futurama currently.

    ReplyDelete