Saturday, March 27, 2021

...3.27...Dinner and a Movie...

...supporting our favorite local Thai restaurant...again...they are still only open for takeout...and I'm sure this pandemic has been really difficult for them...
...but I'm really happy that they are able to stay in business...and hopefully things will start to get more normal as more people get vaccinated...
...I got the same curry I always get...I love it and I just can't make myself try anything new because I always want this...they recognize my voice when I call...and they laugh at my spice-wimpiness...I ask for .5 and they think that is so funny...

...the Man actually chose the movie...but he chose it because he thought I would like it...now y'all probably know that Groundhog Day is one of my favorite movies OF ALL TIME...we watch it every single year...it ranks right up there with A Christmas Carol/Scrooge...it's just so sweet and hopeful and so indicative of human nature...

...so you may have already guessed that the movie he chose was The Map of Tiny Perfect Things...and it's a LOT like Groundhog Day...boy tries to get girl...except this time...there's a girl stuck in the time loop too...but it's a very sweet story...they try doing lots of things to break out of the loop...just like in Groundhog Day...and I won't spoil the ending for you...I enjoyed it and thought it was very sweet of the Man to choose it for me...because it's definitely not his idea of a good movie...I think I may have to watch the History Channel with him next week...haha...

...what have you been watching lately?...

~Have a lovely weekend!

11 comments:

  1. This curry looks good for sure!!!
    I loved Groundhog Day too, so i'll watch the one you propose. Thantk you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Éphée,
      ...I really need to branch out more when I look at the menu...I always think I'll try something new and then I don't...haha...
      ~Have a lovely day!

      Delete
  2. My favourite Thai place in the neighbourhood left some time ago. I'm not sure if they closed the business or if they simply relocated as they were in a location where a number of buildings were appropriated due to a transit hub station being built in the block. For movies, I watched a sweet foreign film called "Sweet Bean". I'd read the book about 2 years ago. I always watched The Huntsman: Winter's War. I saw the Groundhog Day movie years ago and enjoyed it though I haven't watched it again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Penny,
      ...I'm sorry your local Thai place moved...but it doesn't sound as if it's because of the pandemic...I loved the move Sweet Bean too...and I love Snow White...she's my favorite 'princess'...
      ~Have a lovely day!

      Delete
  3. That soup does look good! Did I tell you we're watching season 4 of the Fargo series? Interesting odd series. I'll have to check out that movie. Love, K

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey K,
      ...yeah ...I knew you were watching Fargo...I need to tell the Man about it because I think he would probably like it (he's the one that "made me" watch the Fargo movie in the first place) but I don't want to watch it haha...we don't do a lot of separate TV watching...haha...
      Love,
      T
      Love,
      T

      Delete
    2. I just watched the movie Fargo for the first time, oh, maybe three or four months ago. I think I like the Coen Brothers, but I'm really not much of a movie watcher so I'm still finding out. I thought it was a pretty fun movie though. The characters/accents/settings made me think of our relative out in MN.

      Delete
    3. Hi Beth,
      ...that made me chuckle...because when we lived in North Dakota...most people there thought the movie Fargo was making fun of them...and if there's one thing (the only thing) I liked about the movie was the quirky North Dakota characters...which I thought they nailed...and it reminded me of one of the ladies from our Church there too...we were talking about accents...my southern one is VERY conspicuous...and she said that she didn't have an accent...and I almost laughed out loud...because she definitely DID...and it was just like the Fargo movie accents...haha...
      ~Have a lovely day!

      Delete
    4. I loooooooove accents. I had to check myself because sometimes when I'm around my in-laws from out that way I find myself mimicking the fabulous way they talk...and I don't want anyone to think I'm making fun of them. I think its awesome, is all. My dad totally thinks Fargo is terrible and making fun of people. I told him I thought it was satire, but...

      Delete
  4. Mmmmmmm.... Thai food rocks!!

    ReplyDelete