Thursday, March 04, 2021

...3.4...What I Ate in a Day...as a Vegan...

...breakfast was vegan TVP sausage gravy and biscuit, with a tofu scramble and another biscuit which I ate with applesauce...but for some reason there's no photo of the applesauce...
...lunch was some baked tofu with some leftover potatoes/onions/peppers from dinner last night...a wilty roma tomato from the windowsill (we didn't get any tomatoes in our InstaCart shop)...but we did get a cucumber...
...afternoon snack was a couple of Vegan Oatmeal cookies and some almond milk...
...then for dinner the Man made 'refried' black beans...but they're not really fried...just cooked and kind of mashed up in a pot...and tortillas...
...I wanted to try the TikTok wrap hack...although I've never actually been to TikTok...but I saw it on another Vegan Youtube channel...Let's Eat Plants...and thought it was cute and fun...

...you just take a tortilla and cut a slit halfway through...
...and then choose 4 toppings...I used spinach, black beans, spanish rice and avocado...
...and then you just fold it up...
...clockwise or counter-clockwise...it doesn't matter...
...but you just overlap each quarter with the one beside it...
...and you have a neat little triangular pocket...I would suggest having something fairly 'sticky' on the last layer...as this combination worked really well for neat holding and eating...if I'd had rice or spinach on the last lap it would have been messier because I don't think those would have stayed neatly in the last open fold...
...the Man went with the traditional wrap for his...haha...
...I thought it was fun to pick it up and eat it like this...dipped in salsa...

...have you tried the TikTok wrap?...

~Have a lovely day!

5 comments:

  1. Biscuits and gravy is probably my ideal/favorite breakfast. And I've never seen a tortilla folded like that before!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super yummy as always!
    I had not seen this rolled wrap! Thank you for sharing! I might give it a try tonight.
    Must be hard to hold and eat without a mess (for me!).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum, that all looks yummy, you're making me hungry!! That wrap idea is cool, I'll have to try that. Love, k

    ReplyDelete
  4. i have not done this tiktok wrap yet - but - after folding, i think there is usually a next step of grilling it - like in a counter-top george foreman grill - that crisps your tortilla just a bit, and melts anything melty - sticking the whole thing together a little better. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like they way your wrapped! That is interesting and beats the rolled version immensely!!

    ReplyDelete