Thursday, March 11, 2021

...3.11...What I Ate in a Day...as a Vegan...

...breakfast was "Daddy's" Cheerios with banana and almond milk...
...lunch was a use-up-the-leftovers affair...I had the last of the refried black beans from our Tik-Tok folded burritos...and some of "Nanny's" sweet potatoes...and some romaine with some dip that I made just using Vegan sour Cream and salsa...

...we always call them Nanny's Sweet Potatoes...because one time...early in our marriage we were visiting and Nanny made sweet potatoes and the Man asked how she cooked them because they were so good...and she said she just cooked them on low on top of the stove with just the water clinging to them when they were washed...what could be simpler...the only thing you add is a little bit of Earth Balance after they're done...
...then for dinner...I got this 'prepared' meal out of the cupboard...bought last year when we were 'stocking up' for the pandemic...and it's about to go out of date...so I thought I'd make some red beans and rice with it...

...the Angry Orchard green apple is vegan...Our Airman left a few bottles here...so I'm just drinking those to use them up...haha...we joked with him his last few days with us that he needed to get really drunk and use up all of his beverages before he left...but of course he didn't...haha...
...interesting that they don't list beans in their 'pick a protein' section...
...but I just added some leftover pintos...and right after I snapped this photo...I dropped that bowl into the pot...and splashed boiling dirty rice liquid all over the kitchen...so I cleaned that up...and didn't photograph the mess...you're welcome...wink...
...it turned out just fine...a little spicy...
...we ate our red beans and rice with some collards and cornbread in front of the TV...
...I had a couple of snacks during the day too...a piece of toast with peanut butter and banana sprinkled with flaxseeds...
...and a plate of crudites with vegan ranch...

...what did you eat yesterday?

~Have a lovely day!

8 comments:

  1. That Zatarain's meal takes me back. Their jambalaya--with beans!--was one of my go to meals for a while back when I really didn't know how to cook...unless it came with out of a box. That's funny. I hadn't thought of it in a long time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Beth,
      ...that's funny...and I have a box of the Jambalaya in my cupboard...I think I'm going to make it with some field roast sausage...
      ~Have a lovely day!

      Delete
  2. We had a strange day - I had a craving for biscuits and gravy, so we had that for a late breakfast. Then I wasn't hungry at lunch time so I had a handful of Tollhouse cookies that I'd baked the day before for a mid-afternoon lunch. Then we went over to another boat for the afternoon evening to play cards....and there we munched on a spinach/artichoke dip and crackers. And that was it for the day. Weird. Love, K

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey K,
      That is a strange hodge-podge for sure...Tollhouse cookies sound good though...
      Love,
      T

      Delete
  3. I have been trying to eat all of the stocked up pandemic food. We've made great progress but there's still more to eat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karen,
      ...I know what you mean...I think we may have overstocked...haha...
      ~Have a lovely day!

      Delete
  4. The dirty rice looks good. I notice your banana and peanut butter - we had an Elvis Bagel this morning. https://allotment2kitchen.blogspot.com/2013/02/the-best-elvis-bagel.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shaheen,
      ...That's funny...I have always loved peanut and banana sandwiches...but didn't know until just a few years ago that they were associated with Elvis...
      ~Have a lovely day!

      Delete