Monday, March 08, 2021

...3.8...Over the Weekend...

...I did the weekly InstaCart shop...which thrills Jack to no end...
...and we got at least a version of everything on the list...including Almond Milk...which has been difficult to come by for some reason...this week we stocked up on canned beans...and the Man got his favorite Blueberry Bagels from the deli...they're vegan...I just prefer Everything bagels...and we got another bunch of super green bananas...and two different kinds of lettuce one romaine and one iceberg...neither was the organic lettuce that I put in the cart...so at this point I'm kind of wondering if they really don't have the requested items or if our 'shopper' is less than precise...
...I used the mandoline to slice some super thin potatoes...
...and microwaved them to perfect crispness...
...for a delicious snack...I should do this every day...
...I made a mistake on my St. Patrick's Day socks...see how those leaves are just floating there...I missed a row while watching Grantchester...haha...I'm just going to to duplicate stitch them onto the stem...and go on...haha...

...and you can see that I decided to just go with the shamrock motiff...and not add the diamonds or the checkerboard...I like it this way...and I just offset the second row of shamrocks...
...I split another cake mix with the Man...
...making cupcakes for me...and a poufy tall half of a 'regular' cake for him...
...they worked on the trees some more...this is really a HUGE job...just the very top of this tree remains...and there are three more to go...
...the brush pile and the wood pile are both growing...
...and they took down the clothesline...just to avoid breaking it with a dropping limb...better safe than sorry...right?...so of course I had to dry all the clothes I did over the weekend in the drier...even though it was sunny and breezey out...

...Wishing you a lovely start to your week!...

4 comments:

  1. I certainly wouldn't have noticed your mistake on the socks! And your backyard is going to look so different for a while. Love, Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey K,
      ...yeah...they've been back...they have a strange work schedule it seems...I'll post another picture of the progess...our backyard is full of brush right now...
      Love,
      T

      Delete
  2. oh those chips! they look sooo good.I had to really look for the mistake so I think a duplicate stitch will work nicely. pretty socks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karen,
      ...I love those fat-free chips...I sprinkle on some salt before I nuke them...but that's the only seasoning...and I really should make them more often...they're not too much trouble and they're a lot better for you than a bag of regular potato chips...I did fix the socks with the duplicate stitch...and I guess it'll be all right...
      ~Have a lovely day!

      Delete