Monday, March 29, 2021

....3.29...Over the Weekend...

...well...let's see...I just uploaded a bunch of photos...so it must have been a busy weekend...right?...
...I ordered and picked up some groceries...this week we did not get asparagus...and I was really hoping to get some too...oh well...we're trying the new-to-us Birdseye cauliflower bites...I got the spicy ones and the plain ones...just in case the spicy ones are too spicy for me...haha...probably...haha...

...we also put their crispy green beans in the cart...but did not get those either...and YAY!...I finally got some almond milk...

...and I don't normally buy prunes...don't know why...because I do like them...but the Man is going to make some Steak Sauce...it's from a Posta Negra sauce recipe that he saw at Glen and Friends Cooking on Youtube...more on that in a little bit...except for the dead animal...it's vegan...ha...
...next up...the local (and by local...I mean 1/8 of a mile (200 M) up the road from us)...fire department was having a fundraiser Corn Dog truck...and we, of course, want to support them...but we don't want to eat a corn dog...there were no vegan options...so...before we went...I set about making some vegan corn dogs...

...we've done it on the blog before...this fried version...and they were really good...and then this little muffin version that was really easy and really good too...

...and I probably should have just done the muffins...because this took a lot of time...but I'm going to try a fat free baked version this time...

...so I cut some squares of parchment...
...and wrapped it around a spice jar to get a corn dog shaped sleeve...
...and then I also wrapped that in foil...
...making sure the seams didn't line up...
...I got some veggie dogs out of the freezer...

...when I buy vegan hot dogs...which I don't eat that often...I immediately take them out of the package and separate them with cling film and then freeze them...so that I can take them out one at a time easily...
...I stood the little sleeves up in my popover pan to hold them semi-upright...and halfway filled them using Our Girls favorite little toy...

...and then slipped in a veggie dog...and topped each one off...
...and stuck in a chopstick...and baked them for about an hour...they really turned out good...I wished that I had some yellow cornmeal...but just used the white that I had on hand...they browned nicely...and had just the right about of crunch...
...so at the food truck...I got a tray of french fries and a lemonade...
...and brought that home to enjoy with my vegan corn dog...it was a really fun and delicious lunch...
...checking the weather...before I head out for my daily bike ride...CRAZY weather for March...I should be wearing shorts...
...so then I snapped this photo from my bike...so you could see how leafy the trees are getting...it's cloudy and threatening rain...but I had a really nice ride...
...this came in the mail from a local realtor...reminding me that it's time...you know...

...but I stuck it on the fridge as a reminder and to try and check off one item each day...instead of tackling them all at once...
...after some afternoon storms...we were treated to a gorgeous sunset...you can see the last light reflecting in the puddles the storms left...
...the Man fired up the grill...
...and we had grilled tofu...with his sauce...I said it smelled like Christmas when it was cooking...but in the end it tastes a lot like A1 sauce...so I'd recommend it...
...when we got to Church...this sweet basket of Easter goodies had been left outside the Man's office door by the Youth...so SWEET!...
...it was Palm Sunday...and we had a really nice service...not the usual one...but very nice...
...and we saw this little guy (he's just about a foot long) skittering along the Church sidewalk...pretty sure it's a King Snake...

~Wishing you a lovely start to your week!

12 comments:

  1. You are so clever and resourceful!!! Have an awesome week, Teresa!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww...thanks Beth!
      ...it was a fun little lunch...I think I'll probably be making the quick and easy mini muffin version next time though...haha...
      ~Have a lovely day!

      Delete
  2. What a nice weekend. I guess I'd never thought about making my own corndogs! Looks neat. Love, K

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey K,
      ...yeah...you've probably got the fixin's in your boat freezer...you keep some veggie dogs right?...
      Love,
      T

      Delete
  3. what a fun weekend! and the spring cleaning list looks like a good reminder to work through (i may just dole out those chores to the two teenagers in my house . . . )
    happy day to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Elizabeth,
      ...I agree about the list...unfortunately my little helper has flown the nest...but your two are certainly sweet enough to help you a lot...
      ~Affectioknit-ly,
      Teresa

      Delete
  4. Anonymous1:37 PM

    Sounds like a great weekend. Glad you're getting warmer weather.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maggie,
      ...yep...it's so nice here right now...but we really didn't have much of winter at all...
      ~Have a lovely day!

      Delete
  5. I like the idea of individually wrapping the hot dogs. I buy them on occasion too and once I take them out of the freezer I don't eat them that quickly. I'm not sure why I didn't think of individually wrapping them myself, lol. The corn dogs looks delish. They remind me when I was very young and enthusiastic about going to to the Fall Fair in my town. Happy memories. Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Penny,
      ...you're so right about the corn dogs and the fair...I can remember the smell of them on the fairway...
      ~Have a lovely day!

      Delete
  6. the older I get the more spice I want in my life but not too much, I'm overall a wimp. Those hotdogs looks delicious and scream summer time to me!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen,
      ...I always want to try spicy things and then I'm always disappointed when I'm unable to tolerate the spice...
      ~Have a lovely day!

      Delete