Monday, March 22, 2021

...3.22...Over the Weekend...

...happy first Day of Spring...I took a photo of some spring wild flowers and changed the Affectioknit header...
...I picked up the weekly InstaCart shop...we got the Charcoal that we didn't get last week...and even though we're still not out of the TP that we got last year (80 rolls from the Church Supply store)...I went ahead and put it in the cart...because it seems like the things we don't get (except for Almond Milk) are pretty random from week to week...
...and nothing unusual at all either...still no Almond Milk though...the Man puts La Choy noodles on his salads instead of croutons...weird...I know...
...these are the non-food items that we got...dishwasher detergent...3 rolls of paper towels...and again we've still not used up all of the Sysco ones but I thought I'd just see if they were available because early in the pandemic they were not...some ziplock bags and some hickory chips for the grill...
...they came and chipped all the brush...well almost all of it...
...and these are the two trees that will have to come down...this one is inside the fence...the southernmost of the three that were 'centered' on the house...
...and this huge one that is sort of in the side yard at the bedroom end of the house...it'll be really different here without those trees...
...I made some vegan mayo...
...a close up if you're wondering what it looks like...it tastes just like mayo...haha...
...I made some progress on the Vegan Shearling jacket cover...now that the St. Patrick socks are done...both of the front pieces are done...I still need to do something about the pocket placket...and the fake 'seams'...
...and finally I baked a black walnut pound cake...I made it in my Angel Food cake pan that I really never use...and because it is so tall I guess...I completely broke the cake taking it out of the pan...oh well...it will taste exactly the same...haha...

~Wishing you a lovely start to your week!

7 comments:

  1. I love your new header. It feels so good to see flowers! We will have to wait until may up here to see any. Snow is stil there.
    Have a nice week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Éphée! U2...
      ~Have a lovely day!

      Delete
  2. Thanks Éphée!
    ...spring is such a nice time of year here...so pretty and fresh...
    ~Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I bet the brick will warm up in the evenings from the sunshine once those trees are gone. Glad it's so springy there! Love, K

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey K,
      ...yeah...the weather is warming up...in the 70s this Friday...you know...just rainy springtime weather...
      Love,
      T

      Delete
  4. lovely new header and lovely spring photos! I'm excited that spring is here because I need it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen,
      ...Spring is so nice here...and then in just a few weeks it will start to get hot and humid...probably not until after Easter though...
      ~Have a lovely day!

      Delete