Saturday, March 06, 2021

...3.6...Dinner and a Movie...

...I was telling Mom on the phone...that we were using some leftover lasagna noodles (because we cooked way too many for the Gender Reveal party)...so I froze the leftovers...I probably still have enough to make lasagna again too...I just took a few out of the bag and defrosted them in a bowl of some warm water...then used my pizza cutter to cut them into thin strips...going for a linguine look-alike here...haha...and Mom and I had a little discussion about the importance of shape in a pasta noodle...obviously it's important she said...or they wouldn't make all those shapes...haha...
...I grilled some mixed veg in the Forman grill...and made Jill's cauliflower cream sauce...
...the noodles were a little bit thicker than 'real' linguine...and there were a few curly ones too...but it was a delicious dinner...

...and for the movie...the Man suggested Easy Rider...which I've never seen...but in the end we wound up watching an episode of Grantchester...which I probably enjoyed more...but Easy Rider may show up here in the coming weeks...haha...

...what have you been watching lately?...

~Have a lovely day!

2 comments:

  1. That's cute that you "recycled" the noodles. Shape definitely matters - different sauces behave differently based on noodle shape! Not sure we've seen Easy Rider either, but it's certainly a classic that we probably should watch! Love Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's good you were able to use up the lasagna noodles. I've saved up some rigatoni and meatballs which I hope to use later this week. The last movie I watched was on Saturday and it was called "The Pianist" with Adrian Brody (about Nazi occupied Warsaw and the suffering of the Jews). If such a movie can be called good, it was very good and I highly recommend it but it is heart breaking. As for Easy Rider, I don't think I ever saw it but it is a classic.

    ReplyDelete