Monday, March 01, 2021

...3.1...Over the Weekend...

...early Saturday morning this truck arrived...to trim the humongous trees in our backyard...but it's been so rainy that they couldn't drive into the back yard...
...so they stayed in the road and only did what they could reach from there...
...still...it was a lot of work...and a lot of wood...with just half of one tree done so far...
...I worked some on the back of the shearling coat cover project...but I think I'll go back and remove the fluffy trim from sleeve opening to sleeve opening as the photos of real shearling coats that I was looking at online don't have the fuzzy part there...
...for breakfast Saturday...I got this little bit of leftover cheesecake topping...blueberry this time...out of the freezer...and determined to use it up...
...so...I also got out these vegan waffles...we bought them at my favorite health food store in Columbia, South Carolina...on our way to the beach...and then carried the leftovers home in the cooler...that's how they ended up forgotten in the freezer...because I rarely buy frozen waffles...
...and topped them with the blueberry pie filling...it was a yummy treat...
...on to other foodie things over the weekend...one of our parishioners brought us a bag each of golden delicious apples and Covington sweet potatoes...and we are so thankful for that...
...I did the weekly InstaCart shop...of note...we got the celery that we didn't get last week...this week no tomatoes, and no tofu...so weird still...
...I made croutons...
...and roasted the eggplant...I think we got it two weeks ago...and I hadn't managed to use it up yet...so I roasted it and froze it for later...
...and I took the very last of the blueberry pie filling and made two little hand pies...one for me and one for the Man...it made a nice dessert that evening...
...and I made vegan Oatmeal Cookies...with raisins...
...using this old old recipe that used to be in the box of Quaker oats...and that Mom always used when I was little...the only subs are vegan butter and vegan eggs...so it's really easy to veganize...
...and they always turn out perfectly...and again...not sure why I don't make them more often...
...and I washed all of the bedclothes...and intended to hang them on the line...but it was still way to wet...
...so I just dried them in the drier...
...Kitten...enjoying the weekend...

...also scrubbed all of the bathrooms...two more loads of laundry...regular Church stuff on Sunday...and a couple of hour long FaceTimes with the kiddos - who drove out to the little outer islands - so many adventures for them...and I talked to Mom for TWO hours...whew...

~Wishing you a lovely start to your week!

3 comments:

  1. Such a lovely and normal weekend. Fun to use up stuff from the freezer, I'm just now getting enough room in my deep freeze to be able to store extra ice. I think we over provisioned for this 6-month trip! Love, K

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had a productive and enjoyable weekend. I always feel good when I'm able to use up little bits and pieces of food otherwise so much goes to waste.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think that same recipe is still in the cover of the quaker oats - i should make them - maddie really likes them.

    ReplyDelete